Pages

Thursday 6 March 2014

Testing times

The focus of today was completing the exam for our Level Three in Food Safety for Supervisors. I won't find out how I got on until the end of next week, but I'm hopeful, after getting a good result in the mock test. The wonderful Helen Savin from Dart Valley Training has been brilliant for the last few days making sure we felt ready and knowledgable for our test.

Lunch today was Coq au Vin made by one of the chef tutors and I am looking forward to giving this a go myself, which according to the schedule is due on Tuesday. 

On the menu tomorrow will be bread rolls, stocks, and scones. I am intrigued and filled with trepidation after Rob told us on Monday we would be learning 'how to make omelettes classically, as in, without any colour' tomorrow and am already picturing scenes reminiscent of Saturday Kitchen's challenge. However, it has to be said that I am most excited of all about the chocolate pots, and chocolate run outs we will be making, not least of which is because they then disappear from the schedule, and aren't mentioned as something for lunch (like the omelette) or something to take home (like the scones). I'm guessing (hoping!) this is because I will inhale it as soon as it's finished. 

I'll let you know for sure tomorrow! That's all for this evening folks, I'm off to bid my painted nails adieu once again and get myself ready for what looks like a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment